GovCIO is currently hiring for a Systems Administrator for Air Force Intel System.. This position will be located in San Antonio, TX and will be an on site position.
Establishes and maintains smooth operation of computer systems (to include operating systems, software and hardware) in networked or stand-alone configurations, maintains system integrity, and upgrades systems and/or servers as required. May create and document new methods supporting network/system operations and implement changes to procedures. Consults with support teams, help desks, customers and other technical staff in the resolution of problems, coordinates and performs operation and/or maintenance activities for networks/servers, identifies recurring problems and recommends steps to reduce the severity or frequency of problems. May plan for the transition of development and/or production environments to new technologies, utilize system software to monitor the performance of system files, manage system data to maintain performance efficiencies and/or study system requirements to determine proper server installation methods and procedures.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network/system security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Provides regular monitoring and analysis regarding short and long-range planning for in-house systems.
- Prepares or ensures that appropriate documentation exists, including operational instructions.
- Writes or modifies basic scripts to resolve performance problems and automate administration tasks.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
High School with 6 – 9 years (or commensurate experience)
Required Skills and Experience
- Clearance Required:TS/SCI
- Experience as a system administrator in a mid to large Windows environment
- Experience with Active Directory
- Be able to perform daily system health checks
- Experience installing software on Windows Servers
- Experience troubleshooting in a Window environment
- Experience developing standard operating procedures to perform system functions
GovCIO is a team of transformers–people who are passionate about transforming government IT. Every day, we make a positive impact by delivering innovative IT services and solutions that improve how government agencies operate and serve our citizens.
But we can't do it alone. We need great people to help us do great things – for our customers, our culture, and our ability to attract other great people. We are changing the face of government IT and building a workforce that fuels this mission. Are you ready to be a transformer?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. EOE, including disability/vets.
Posted Pay Range
The posted pay range, if referenced, reflects the range expected for this position at the commencement of employment, however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, education, experience, and internal equity. The total compensation package for this position may also include other compensation elements, to be discussed during the hiring process. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the GovCIO reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, GovCIO or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posted Salary Range: USD $71,150.00 – USD $90,000.00 /Yr.