This is an excellent opportunity to utilize your technical skills supporting the Information Technology Enterprise Managed Services (ITEMS) User Facing Services (UFS) mission at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). In this mission, we provide NGA with a bridge to the future, strengthening critical ISP services to mission users, harnessing the capacity of current and emerging Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE) services, and delivering the Power of GEOINT into the hands of users supporting critical time-sensitive functions. Our team operates and sustains User Facing Services for NGA, provides continuous improvement, implements special orders, and postures NGA to transition to future IC DTE service offerings.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling mission success.
We seek to build a team of system administrators who can perform multiple functions. We understand that people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple arears.
Qualified individuals will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Desktop Image Management
• Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Support Services
• Home Directory and Profile Support Services
• Print, Fax and Scan Support Services
• Unified Communications Support Services
• E-mail Support Services
• Desktop Software Support Services
• Desktop Entity Support Services
• Domain Services
• Directory, Authentication and Account Mgmt- O&S – Expanded 12×5
• Domain Name Services
• Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
• Patch Management (Windows)
What you’ll do…
Systems administration of desktop and VDI systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT Systems
• Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
• Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/storage/network devices, etc.
• Provide Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
• Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
• Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
• Installs/loads operating system and application software when necessary
• Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
• Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
• Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
• Execution of on-site, on the floor, technical and system administration support
• Assist with achieving optimum performance and availability standards through providing appropriate technical solutions.
• Resolve a wide range of system issues, troubleshooting software, and hardware, diagnosis of network issues, and addressing trouble tickets and service tasks across all tiered levels.
• Attend Authorized Outage, Firewall Change Request, and Root Cause Analysis Boards as required
• Collaborate and contribute to the development, administration, and testing of backup and recovery plans
• Assist in maintaining operational, configuration, and other standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Verify system availability with existing Enterprise tools
You’d be a great fit if…
- UNIX, Windows, and/or Storage administration
- Experience working with trouble reporting and tracking systems such as REMEDY and Service Now
- Experience supporting the IC/DOD in the imagery intelligence domain
- CompTIA Security+ or DoD 8570 Level II equivalent within 90 days of hire
- Meet the education and years of expereience for the level of the job as outlined below:
Level IV: Education/Min Years Experience: HS/GED — 12 years experience, Associates — 10 years experience, Bachelors — 8 years experience, Masters — 6 years experience, PhD – 4 years
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires the candidate to hold a current TS/SCI Security Clearance to be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.