Leidos Public Health Division is seeking a System Administrator/Linux Engineer to support its Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) public health IT programs. Requires candidates to be local to the Atlanta area.
The specific objective of the task order that this position will support is to build, support and expand CDC’s capacity for high-performance scientific computing and bioinformatics. This includes specific activities and objectives to support both existing and planned HPC infrastructure, development of responsive and resilient informatics systems to accommodate high performance data analytic needs, and dedicated training, support and bioinformatics core resources. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience supporting a Bioinformatics/High Performance Computing related infrastructure.
Display commensurate knowledge consistent with a RedHat Certified System Administrator and RedHat Certified Systems Engineer including but not limited to:
- Create moderately complex shell scripts
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, tracing running processes execution, and controlling services
- Create and configure both local and network file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems
- Configure and manage BIND servers for managing assigned IP address spaces and understand how it interacts with centralized CDC authentication services.
- Independently create and maintain ansible scripts to automate configuration of various services on systems.
- Configure and maintain systems, including software installation, update, and core services using ansible and bash shell scripts
- Manage local FreeIPA instance and troubleshoot issues related to authentication environment attached to it without additional disruption of service.
- Manage Linux-based LDAP server and enact Create/Read/Update/Delete options on LDAP database.
- Manage system security including basic firewall and SELinux
- Manage multiple NAS appliances providing File, Block, and Object storage solutions
- Create and enact change requests to perform maintenance including documenting pre-requisites, outlining steps to be performed during maintenance window and after-action debriefing reports.
- Consistently add relevant documentation to online wiki regarding technical solutions to helpdesk tickets, services maintained for the contract and any custom scripts or operation procedures created for the contract.
- Enter appropriately detailed issues in JIRA projects to specify the complete lifecycle of projects, meet deadlines for individual project issues as specific in JIRA projects and document issues appropriately as they are completed. Independently analyze security vulnerabilities, generate remediation plans for vulnerabilities, and enact remediation plans.
- Independently troubleshoot servers and services in scientific computing environment to identify root cause and create sustainable solutions to resolve issues.
- Independently analyze running services and summarize their use in current environment including documenting interactions with other critical services in the environment.
- Maintain secure list of all non-shared passwords needed to perform all duties and use it Follow and comply with all established Leidos and customer policies, processes and procedures.
Bachelor's Degree and 6 years of related work experience. 4 years of additional experience considered in lieu of degree
Ability to display near-equivalent technical experience as RedHat Certified Engineer
RedHat/CentOS 7/8 administration experience
Layer 2 Switch Networking with VLANS management
Intermediate Configuration management via any modern standard system (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
Intermediate Virtualization/Hypervisor experience (VMware or equivalent)
Intermediate NAS Storage Appliance management
Intermediate Scripting Experience in a modern scripting friendly language (bash, python, perl, ruby)
Intermediate Familiarity with some Container technology (Docker, Podman, libvirt, etc)
Periodically travel to Metro Atlanta Datacenter as needed
Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Rancher Kubernetes Management Engine (RKE)
Pure FlashBlade Storage Appliance
Python 3 scripting
Intermediate familiarity with Docker containerization ecosystem
Experience managing multi-protocol accessible file shares
Verifiable contribution to an Open Source Project (e.g.: github, etc.)
Familiarity with configuration of Dell and HP physical servers
Familiarity with HP Blade servers
Familiarity with monitoring environments such as Nagios, Zabbix, Sensu, Prometheus
Familiarity with security vulnerability triage and remediation
Cloud certification (AWS or Azure)
Experience working in CDC or other Federal agencies
Pay Range $65,000.00 – $100,000.00 – $135,000.00