Job Summary (External):
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
Provides support for projects, application use and analyzing system processes and specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clarify/document and benefit for new application I.S. requests.
- Identify overlapping requests.
- Meet with senior management and project sponsors/users.
- Define requirements for systems changes and document new/revised business process.
- Work with IS programmers to design, test and implement system changes.
- Bring field expertise to the I.S. development team.
- Ensure corporate directives are adhered to in new designs (e.g. Customer Care Model, Government Compliance).
- Bring hands-on application and business expertise into system designs to improve usability and end-user productivity.
- Interacts as a liaison with users to analyze complex business requirements and constraints.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of Apria’s operations, the home healthcare industry, and available technologies to identify and design solutions that satisfy Apria’s operational requirements and strategic objectives.
- Presents design alternatives to management, including assessments of alternatives from technical and business perspectives.
- Ensures that all developed applications and enhancements meet defined business requirements.
- Troubleshoots issues and makes recommendations to improve efficiency and accuracy of applications.
- Coordinates and schedules the tasks and activities of team members.
- Tracks individual and team progress against established objectives and takes appropriate action to ensure that objectives are achieved.
- Reports team progress and status to project leadership and/or management.
- Provides guidance and mentoring for other team members.
- Multi-tasks and balances multiple assignments and priorities.
- Employs interpersonal and communication skills necessary to effectively coordinate complex and interrelated activities with coworkers, end-users, and management.
- Provides timely status updates.
- Exhibits excellent written communication skills necessary to produce documentation that accurately and effectively describes application functionality.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications (External):
Education and/or Experience
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience is required.
- 11+ years of wide-ranging healthcare experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Broad understanding of the DME business and cross functional areas, regions, payers.
- Able to work autonomously, good verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with communicating with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills, team player, focused on high quality end result.
- Able to multi-task projects and priorities.
- Ability to create requirements, technical documentation, workflow and test plans.
- Ability to create visio diagrams.
- Microsoft suite of tools with emphasis on Word, Excel and Visio.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as SQL, RPG etc.
- English (reading, writing, verbal).
- Basic level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data.
Education and/or Experience
- Healthcare experience preferred.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position, upon request.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to moderate noise.
Occasional travel as required.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual’s position.
Comprehensive benefits package offered for eligible employees:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available immediately)
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.