Prescient Solutions is an award-winning, Chicagoland-based IT outsourcer. For more than 24 years we have been providing CIO-level advisory support and on-site IT services to small, mid-sized and global organizations and government entities. We are committed to making our clients’ businesses run better by adding more value to their organizations through technology. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a team where you can drive your career while being part of a company that values the ability to learn and grow, this is your chance! Prescient Solutions offers a great work environment that encourages teamwork to achieve a greater purpose while providing a higher level of service through better communication.
We are looking for a dynamic Systems Engineer 2 in Virginia Beach, VA who shares our commitment and believes in the value of communication and client interaction. As a Systems Engineer 2, you will establish, maintain, and provide the engineering direction needed to connect and configure servers on enterprise networks. You will also be responsible for working cross-functionally across our clients’ enterprise between technology and the rest of their business units to design and implement large scale solutions. You will implement Prescient Solutions’ best practices and continually update skills and certifications to keep current with the most current technology.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER 2 Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports operational and engineering functions at client sites;
- Drives installation and configuration activities;
- Evaluates the client’s requirements and ensures that implementation meets those requirements;
- Works closely with Technicians and engineering groups to troubleshoot and resolve issues;
- Mentors and assigns tasks to junior team members;
- Prepares operational and technical documentation; and
- Travels to clients’ offices, as needed.
- Technical expertise, including proficiency in Microsoft Server operating systems, Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange server; Office365; mastery of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems;
- Proven knowledge of cybersecurity; networking; and virtualization (VMWare or HyperV);
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Professional and personable;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to balance priorities and shift quickly;
- Ability to take ownership of area and follow assigned tasks through to successful completion;
- Client Service Excellence;
- Problem Solving Skills;
- Time Management;
- Proven Client Management capabilities; and
Special consideration will be given to Systems Engineer 2 candidates with A&D industry and/or NIST or DFARS compliance experience.
Education / Certification
- MCSE or equivalent experience; or
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Windows systems engineering.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.