A System Engineer is needed to provide support for adding new capabilities to a complex system with exacting interface, performance, and security requirements. The selected candidate will provide system engineering expertise in one or more of the following areas: architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design/implementation, testing, and documentation for the system. He/she will analyze user requirements, system architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will provide systems engineering expertise and develop system architecture and system design documentation. Responsibilities include supporting and providing guidance for system development and implementation planning through assessment of system engineering plans and system integration and test plans. He/she will support the development of system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity and performance planning and will perform engineering activities, including risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and concerns. He/she will help define task success criteria and test procedures.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will provide guidance and support for system engineering of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components. He/she will interface with program management, system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment, and will be responsible for implementing system engineering practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. The selected individual will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary. He/she will actively participate in program increment planning and related agile team activities.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in system engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field and at least eight (8) years of related experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- At least three (3) years of experience designing and developing large integrated classified systems.
- Must have requirements verification traceability knowledge/experience.
- Must have experience analyzing user requirements, system architecture, and/or system requirements specifications.
- Must possess a solid understanding of secure systems engineering and development.
- Must have some software development or shell scripting experience, software detailed design experience, and software/system testing experience.
- Must have demonstrated experience in several of the following areas: system architecture, design, and development, requirements analysis, data flow design/analysis, network design/implementation, testing, technical system documentation.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must be capable of performing systems engineering activities in support of agile teams.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience with transitioning legacy systems into new architectures
- Experience working with DOD Tier operational environments.
- Model based systems engineering experience a plus.
- Risk Management/Risk Register experience a plus.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology or as a member of an agile team.
- Experience with technical documentation development.
Pay Range $97,500.00 – $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.