United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Ref #: 9472
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
Delta Air Lines is hiring a Systems Engineer for the Enterprise Data Services (EDS) team. This position will support Deltas Analytic and Reporting Tools.
- Systems Engineer is responsible for administrating and supporting the Data Integration and Analytics Tools
- Server patching activities to support OS and Security upgrades and vulnerabilities
- Working with Business Users and Developers to enable access to our BI Tools and Data Platforms and providing support to troubleshoot user challenges
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Systems Engineer position requires a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training in the computer systems development field
- 2+ years of experience required for Analytics Tools (such as SAS, Tableau, Cognos, Hyperion/Brio, Python, etc.) and/or ETL tools (such as DataStage, Informatica)
- Knowledge and experience of Linux/Windows Shell scripts, cronjobs, and OS commands
- Knowledge and experience in SQL to support relational database connectivity specifically Teradata, and other DBMS (Oracle, DB2LUW, DB2 z/OS, Sybase, MS SQL Server, SAP HANA)
- Experience working with Business users and Developers to understand their requirements in using the Data Integration & Analytic Tools
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Capable of managing/prioritizing multiple tasks at the same time
- Excellent and concise written communication and verbal communication that is clear and easily understood for resolving issues
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- AWS Cloud experience a bonus
- Able to meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a team setting
- Comfortable with agile tools such as VersionOne (what Delta uses), or similar tools like Rally, Jira, etc.
- Collaborative attitude to working with other team members
- Successful candidate must be a self-motivator and be able to perform work with little guidance or instructions
- Ideal candidate must have a commitment to learning and staying abreast of technical advances
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.