Are you passionate about equipping teams to go fast and be lean?
Are you committed to ensuring IT infrastructure can meet the meticulous demands of high productivity and streamlined operation?
Are you a highly motivated, energetic, forward thinking teammate?
If this sounds like you to these questions, you could be a Systems Engineer in a growing team at one of the largest technology and business services firms in the world!
This role can be located at any CGI office in the U.S. however, preferred location is Mobile, AL.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work with facility groups, construction PMs, etc. to design room and technology needs for a strong collaborative space.
• Create and update technology standards.
• Work with vendors and manufacturers to right size conference technology per space.
• Engage with Voice Team to deliver high quality audio and video in conferencing and collaboration spaces.
• Test, troubleshoot, and optimize conferencing hardware and services.
• Subject matter expert in Microsoft Teams, including controls and ongoing monitoring.
• Experience with Microsoft Teams Video Conferencing, and all related components.
• Review project Scope of Work (SOW) to ensure quality and completeness.
• Develop and understand engineering and architectural (RCP/Floor Plan) drawings, calculations and acoustical modeling.
• Knowledge of fully integrated conference room systems comprising of video & audio conferencing, video switching, digital video transport, projectors, microphones, speakers, amplifiers & LCD Displays.
• Experience administering and monitoring WebEx Control Hub (including new user access, updates, EFT's, issues, reporting and analytics).
• Experience with room-based video and audio systems, including Cisco Telepresence, Polycom, Crestron and AMX.
• Experience administering Cisco SX, WebEx Board and WebEx Room series videoconference systems.
• Familiarity with wireless content sharing solutions, room audio microphones and mixers, and room integration.
• Experience reviewing, recommending, and certifying voice and video endpoints.
• Understand the key Stages in a project life cycle and their interdependencies to efficiently schedule work.
• Design skills and deployment experience with AV technologies such as room control, room automation, video conferencing, audio processors and digital signage.
• Liaison with other internal stakeholders and contractors ensuring that they know what is needed from them and what we need to deliver to them.
• Maintains configuration control records and maintains equipment hardware and software inventory.
• Control and maintain the necessary project documentation in associated job files.
• Experienced in larger enterprise environments, with demonstrated experience in customer facilitation and collaboration.
• Superior presentation and communication skills (written and oral).
• Develop and manage program metrics and reporting which includes reports and readouts to Leadership.
• Continually seek to improve the knowledge, skills, professionalism and productivity of the team by providing training, guidance, coaching.
• Builds a collaborative environment with employees, cross functional teams and vendors to foster innovation in service outcomes.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 3+ years of experience working with Microsoft Teams video conferencing end points.
• 3+ years of experience working with Cisco collaboration end points.
• 3+ years designing conference and collaboration spaces with appropriately sized audio and video equipment.
• Understand IP networking
• Ability to define A/V standards when reviewing proposed room build-outs.
• Experience with Expressways, on-prem and cloud registered video endpoints and its integration with WebEx Teams.
• Advanced understanding of AV technologies including setup, configuration and operation of complex video conferencing systems and backend IT/networking infrastructure.
• Videoconferencing experience including configuration, operation, call set-up and equipment management.
• Demonstrated AV Control experience including Cisco Touch, Crestron and AMX.
• Expertise and knowledge of web conferencing tools such as WebEx and Microsoft Teams.
• Skilled at developing, setting and executing strategies.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• You possess working Knowledge of Cisco Collaboration Technology (both Cloud and On-Prem).
• You have experience with Telephony technologies (Conferencing Bridge, VoIP, Routing and Switching).
• You're experienced in WebEx or equivalent voice/data conferencing services, Jabber and Webex Teams.
• You are creative, self-motivated and self-directed.
• You possess strong process management skills.
• You are organized, thorough and able to effectively lead internal processes.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Strong bias for bringing people together to collaborate and work through complicated troubleshooting, and ability to identify and recommend solutions to management teams.
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma/GED
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reason able estimate of the current range is $48,400 – $129,800.
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Analytical Thinking
- Customer Service & Support
- IP Networking
- Video Communications