Prescient Solutions is an award-winning, Chicagoland-based IT outsourcer. For more than 23 years we have been providing CIO-level advisory support and on-site IT services to small, mid-sized and global organizations and government entities. We are committed to making our clients’ businesses run better by adding more value to their organizations through technology. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a team where you can drive your career while being part of a company that values the ability to learn and grow, this is your chance! Prescient Solutions offers a great work environment that encourages teamwork to achieve a greater purpose while providing a higher level of service through better communication.
We are looking for a dynamic Systems Engineer who shares our commitment and believes in the value of communication and client interaction. As a Systems Engineer, you will establish, maintain, and provide the engineering direction needed to connect and configure Microsoft servers on enterprise networks. You will also be responsible for working cross-functionally across our clients’ enterprise between technology and the rest of their business to design and implement large scale solutions. You will implement Prescient Solutions’ best practices and continually update skills and certifications to keep current with the most current technology.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports both operational and engineering functions at the client account;
- Creates server installation engineering orders to drive the installation and configuration of new servers to the enterprise;
- Evaluates customer generated requirements and works with the client to ensure the implementation meets the client’s needs;
- Works with technicians and engineering groups at both Prescient Solutions and at the client location to troubleshoot and resolve issues as required;
- Prepares operational and technical documentation; and
- Performs other duties and assists with special projects as needed.
- Technical expertise, including proficiency in Microsoft Server operating systems, Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange server; mastery of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems;
- Knowledge of system security;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Professional and personable;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to balance priorities and shift quickly;
- Ability to take ownership of area and follow assigned tasks through to successful completion;
- Client Service Excellence;
- Problem Solving Skills;
- Time Management;
- Flexibility; and
- Travel to client site in Mexico 3 – 4 times a year.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION
- MCSA or equivalent experience; or
- Minimum of five years of experience with MS systems administration.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.