Systems Engineer II
Viewed 0 times
- This position is responsible for supporting, maintaining, and enhancing the Bank's systems infrastructure at an advanced level of technical ability. Administers software and hardware that supports customer sales and service applications. Installs, automates, and tests infrastructures for continuous improvement. Monitors overall systems performance to identify potential issues and tune appropriately. Addresses failed components or technical issues and provides resolution. Maintains strong technical abilities, a knowledge of new and changing technologies, and the ability to productively collaborate with vendors, associates, and management. May occasionally guide less experienced associates or manage technical projects.
- Technical Support – Minimizes end user impacts throughout the installation and testing of software, patches, and upgrades to system products. Resolves advanced problems and failures that occur in assigned products and technical facilities. Responsible for administration, communication, and documentation throughout technical support activities. Assists in designing, implementing, and maintaining processes related to daily backup, recovery, data security, and other disaster recovery functions.
- System Testing – Coordinates testing with application support staff to determine function, results, stability, performance, and resource consumption. Verifies the successful implementation of software, patches, and upgrades. Performs a variety of planning and technical activities to ensure resource availability.
- Technical Expertise – Maintains a strong knowledge base through ongoing research and education. Ensures consistency is maintained across supported systems. Communicates effective and clear technical information to associates, vendor support personnel, and internal clients. Assists in managing special or advanced projects through the production of task lists, checklists, and other tools to monitor project production.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of experience in Systems engineer and systems programmer OR High School Diploma or GED and 8 years of experience in Systems engineer and systems programmer
Raleigh/North Carolina/US Location
Full Time Job Type
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.