Systems Engineer III
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
· Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
· Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
· An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
· Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit – an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
· A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
· A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
The salary range for this position is 82,100k – 164,100K based on experience.
Responsible for participating in the development of new digital products in close collaboration with a cross functional team. Assists with finding solutions to product development problems of limited scope. Participates in system level
design documentation and requirements specification. Develops and follows specialized procedures in executing experiments, evaluation and documentation of results. Develops working relationships internally/externally.
What You’ll Work On
Participate in product definition, system architecture, requirements writing, requirements management, requirements analysis, risk analysis, hazard analysis, product test and evaluation, System V & V, and/or design control documentation.
Participate in development of new products/systems.
Participate in optimizing design processes.
Design and conduct system level characterization/verification of complex systems.
Collect, organize, analyze, and document test results.
Participate in integration of analytical and performance related elements with software, hardware, and electronics system components.
Communicate effectively and participate on cross functional development teams.
Responsible for utilizing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
Failure to properly integrate all systems could result in product introduction delays and quality issues.
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering of scientific discipline. Master's Degree preferred.
Minimum 4 years relevant experience and a BS degree or 2 years relevant experience and a MS degree or equivalent years of education and experience in Engineering and Sciences.
Solid knowledge of general engineering/science principals and laboratory skills.
Strong knowledge of defined development process that is consistent with ISO, FDA design control standards or requirements.
Knowledge of contemporary design control and risk management practices.
Understanding of the electro-mechanical, software, mathematical, chemical or biochemical process operative in diagnostic systems.
Familiarity with System Modeling Language (SysML).
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The salary for this role is between $82,100 – $164,100
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.