Peraton is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer in Melbourne, FL to provide TT&C and Satellite Mission Planning and Scheduling development to support our mission critical customer based in Melbourne, Fla.
What you’ll do…
- Perform requirements analysis, technical planning, system integration, verification and validation for space systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Interact with senior program managers and customers on system architecture, development approaches, and business strategies.
You’d be a great fit if…
- BS degree Computer Science or Engineering
- 5 + years of related Systems Engineering work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing and developing software-based systems
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in systems specification: Concept of Operations, Requirements / Use Cases / User Stories, System Test Plans
- Experience in multiple disciplines including hardware, software, and networks.
It’d be even better if you…
- Experience in Model-Based Systems Engineering with one or more SysML tools
- Amazon Web Services Solution Architect Associate certification
- Experience in space systems technologies and support equipment
- Familiarity with development toolsets such as Git, Gradle, Jira, BitBucket, and Crucible.
- Familiarity with the Agile/Scrum Product Development Cycle
- Understanding of RF and optical communications links
- Understanding of NIST cybersecurity framework and application to DoD and commercial applications
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain a TS – SCI security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.