Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Our Technology Shared Services group is seeking an experienced Senior Cloud Systems Engineer . In this role, the candidate will:
- Ensure system security needs established and maintained for operations development, security requirements definition, security risk assessment, systems analysis, systems design, security test and evaluation, certification and accreditation, systems hardening, vulnerability testing and scanning, incident response, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning and provides analytical support for security policy development and analysis.
- Designs and develops new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer's enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
- Integrates new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designs cyber security architectural artifacts, provides architectural analysis of cyber security features and relates existing system to future needs and trends, embeds advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, provides engineering recommendations, and resolves integration and testing issues.
- Must be able to compile information and prepare reports based on both manual and automated sources, and align to applicable security strategies and established processes.
- This role will work with Application Developers, Systems Engineers, and Executives to ensure mitigation of risks identified in cloud based solutions.
- Must assist in the evaluation, research and development of IT cloud security risk assessments, security tools and implementation plans.
- Will assess information security risks of new projects and non-standard IT requests using risk assessment methodologies based on provided architecture. This will require practical use and understanding of advanced security protocols and standards, and solid knowledge of information security principles and practices as well as latest scalable technologies.
- Provide technical assistance in the selection, configuration, and maintenance of cloud security devices/systems including, but not limited to, firewalls, IPS/IDS, SIEM, WAF, Network-based Malware detection and related platforms as well as software-defined systems.
- -This role will interact with internal and external customers on security-related projects and operational tasks, and prepare/conduct brief outs to senior staff members and executives on a regular basis.
- BS or equivalent + 5 yrs related experience.
- Must be willing to obtain DoD 8570 certification.
- Experience with Python or scripting languagesg
- Must have at least 1-2 years experience ensuring system security needs established and maintained for operations development, security requirements definition, security risk assessment, systems analysis, systems design, security test and evaluation, certification and accreditation, systems hardening, vulnerability testing and scanning, incident response, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning and provides analytical support for security policy
- One Cloud Certification (AWS, Azure or Google)
- 1-2 years of experience in deploying cloud infrastructure with code (Terraform, Cloud Formation or something similar)
- 2-3 years of experience managing cloud resources
- 3-4 years of experience in Engineering IT solutions
- 1-2 years of Cloud Networking Experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA LA Bossier City
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.