It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we're investing in the future of our firm's technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that promotes future global growth through strategic solutions and progress. We are important to supporting our firm's diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more experienced technologists to our Technology team.
We believe in providing our employees with the tools, support, and training they need to succeed within our company and in their professional career. We have invested a lot of resources and time into our IT department, and we are dedicated to securing the most advanced technologies available.
We are now searching for a Systems Engineer (Server Lifecycle) to join our team to support the server build and retirement processes and to monitor servers. You will report to the Server Lifecycle and Monitoring Team Lead.
- Build, release, and retire physical and virtual Windows and Linux Servers
- Monitor Windows and Linux servers with System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with server lifecycle and monitoring environments
- Create custom monitoring for servers and applications
- Monitor Azure environment with Azure Monitor
- Communicate with applications owners about status of server builds, releases, retirements, and custom monitoring
- Create technical documents to support server lifecycle and monitoring processes
- Embrace and recommend continuous improvement changes
- Experience developing and authoring control documents (e.g., Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions)
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation
- 4+ years building, administering, and troubleshooting Windows servers and experience monitoring Windows servers
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, math, or other related science field (or equivalent combination of experience and education)
- Intermediate level experience with DNS, DHCP reservations, Windows disk management, IIS, certificates, Active Directory, Kerberos authentication, and VMWare
- Experience creating technical documents
- Intermediate level experience using PowerShell
- Excellent soft skills, team player and collaborator with multiple groups
- Team-oriented, collaborative, experience leading programs
- U.S. candidates must be fully vaccinated as defined by the medical community against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination by date of hire
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment – we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER