Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
The System Security Engineer will be part of a team of system engineers responsible for the integrity and security of a mixed Windows and Linux based architecture with big data. The engineer will use their proficiency in system security and vulnerability mitigation to support ongoing parallel accreditation and authorization processes for components of the system. The ideal candidate will assess risks and vulnerabilities; and continuously monitor, audit and determine recommended mitigations. A successful engineer will coordinate compliance, transition, and strategic plans for compliance and security. This position requires significant reliance on customer IT systems process and procedures, coupled with AWS. The nature of a small team requires the ability to take on additional duties without significant dependence on documented procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- Minimum 5 years of directly related experience in system security implementation
- Experience running, configuring, reviewing system monitoring and assessment tools
- Experience participating in the preparation of a body-of-evidence document (SSP-CONOPS, control overlays, DR plan, compliance monitoring, or audit plans)
- Familiarity of cloud-based technology and concepts (AWS)
- Experience with accreditation and authorization (A&A) processes
- Hands-on experience in analyzing and responding to system security and/or scan alert software/tools like Splunk
- Experience coordinating and successfully interacting with customer security and oversight personnel to gain guidance and approvals
- Familiarity with the Windows/Linux operating system
- Prior security review experience such as monitoring and support of penetration testing
- Insight into current best practices on development/infrastructure
- Working knowledge of storage systems such as EMC and Dell, as well as Big Data
- Familiarization with encryption, requirements, approaches, and solutions
- Proficiency with access control, identification, and authentication
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA McLean
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.