Knowesis – Interesting Work with Interesting People
Knowesis provides professional, technical, and administrative support services to empower federal executives in the areas of strategy, analytics, operations, and medical, scientific, and social science research to more than 27 federal organizations. Our staff form lasting and trusted relationships between their fellow team members, clients, and across the organization.
Knowesis is currently seeking a Tableau Developer to perform advanced analytics and data visualization services to support duties associated with developing a tool that can ingest, integrate, and clean data from various sources that will then evaluate the calibration of ASVAB entry standards across all enlisted career fields for our Air Force Personnel Center clients.
U.S. Citizenship Required (applicants without proof of U.S. citizenship will not be considered due to the position’s security clearance requirement)
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing dashboards, reports, and visualizations using Tableau
- Create visualizations for the data extracted with the help of Tableau
- Identify patterns and meaningful insights from data through qualitative and quantitative analysis, including but not limited to predictive modeling and data mining
- Developing reference documents or reports for the finalized project
- Extract, cleanse, and conduct a broad range of data manipulation and analysis.
- Build and disseminate databases and spreadsheets related to existing and future data sources
- Identify patterns and meaningful insights from data through qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Ability working with both structured and unstructured data employing unsupervised learning models including isolation forest, k-means clustering, anomaly detection, and principal component analysis
- Able to perform statistical modeling with multiple regression techniques, variable selection methods, time series analyses, and neural networks in SAS, Python, and/or R.
- Utilize Python or R in data analytics to collect, understand, transform, cleanse, store, and share data in a privacy-preserving way
- Collaborate with functional areas to develop and maintain performance metrics, measurements, methods, and targets.
- Evaluate operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide program manager and client with analysis to inform of enterprise resource allocation decisions and assess institutional risk.
- Support both routine and special projects by communicating with multiple teams to ensure requirements are precise and understood from both a functional and technical perspective.
- Contributes to program and task-related reports, briefings, justification, and requests.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in statistics and statistical software (SAS, Python, SQL, R).
- Certified Tableau Professional (Desktop and Server) with specific experience with Tableau Prep.
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office products and Sharepoint.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and editing technical documentation.
- I. Reporting experience in tools like Tableau, Qlik, Cognos, or PowerBi.
- Developing, maintaining, and managing advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards, and other B.I. Solutions.
- Performing and documenting data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design.
- Reviewing and improving existing systems and collaborating with teams to integrate new systems.
- Conducting unit tests and developing database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues.
- Creating tools to store data within the organization.
A qualified candidate will:
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in SAS, Tableau, Python, R, Shiny, SQL, and Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience performing predictive modeling and forecasting.
- Proficient in data visualization tools to design reports and graphs to identify autonomous patterns and behaviors
- Have the ability to understand the clients business questions and develop prototype solutions quickly
- Serve as the performance and analytical lead with support to the program manager and Air Force Personnel Center clients, using Excel, Statistical Analysis System (SAS) Software and Tableau to successfully develop a tool that will automatically ingest and clean data to benchmark and evaluate Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) entry standards data as well as output associated charts and tables.
- Be able to read, write, and speak English fluently and clearly to effectively communicate with all personnel for which they will interact.
- Have the ability to communicate with sufficient clarity to be readily understood by laypersons, senior officials, and Government staff.
- Possess sufficient initiative, interpersonal relationship skills, and social sensitivity such that they can relate constructively to a variety of contacts from diverse backgrounds.
- Problem-solving skills to resolve the issues that appear during the development
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, or an associated technical discipline with three (3) years minimum experience in data analytics, including providing analytical management by planning, coordinating, and directing program is required.
- A background in U.S. Air Force or other military Service enlisted personnel management is most desired.
- Bachelors or better in Statistics or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.