PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide deep technical expertise to support delivery and maintenance of IT solutions. Provide IT teams and business personnel with technology solutions by weighing advantages of technology standards, market availability of products, risks and benefits of technology to meet business/IT needs. The ideal candidate for this position is a very technically experienced analyst with leadership abilities. The role discovers and troubleshoots intricate system, network, hardware and software issues. Expected to work under minimal supervision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
– Provide technical expertise and/or engineering support for maintaining performance and reliability of key IT solutions. Contribute to project technical architecture design and development.
– Assist IT Architecture and Engineering community in planning the introduction of new technologies and/or identifying the most appropriate technology choices to accomplish goals by utilizing Exelon’s standard governance process as outlined in the Management Model.
– Perform complex server builds, and optimize performance of operating software and servers.
– Make recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
– Perform in-depth analysis and provide technical recommendation to IT teams and business personnel to meet business/IT needs.
– Allocate and coordinate the use of team member’s skills and availability.
– Build and maintain knowledge of new technologies or technology opportunities and assist in analysis of their use for business and/or IT clients.
– Identify and provide Business and IT data on IT trends and issues. Participate in IT architecture review and standards setting. Assist in the development of white papers, conducting presentations as needed to explain why a technology is being recommended by IT.
– Maintain and enhance engagement with business and IT partners.
– Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function
– Familiarity with Oracle databases, SQL Developer, Unix/Putty/WinScp, FTP, HP's PPM/EDMs/PCRs, HP's ALM
– Coordinate work to be done with application teams
– Find areas for improvement in process and quality.
– Mentor members of the team in technical areas.
– Provide Technical support to customer applications in the EU Customer portfolio; focus on BGE, with additional exposure to ComEd, Peco, and PHI
– Maintain deep knowledge of technology and its application across Exelon
– Participate in technological innovation to drive new business opportunities and solve complex business problems
– Work under minimal supervision.
– Bachelor’s degree and typically 5 to 8 years experience in Customer Operations or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
– Broad technical expertise with technical knowledge.
– Excellent communications skills – Able to effectively communicate highly technical information among team members and other IT areas.
– Understanding of change management principles associated with new technology implementations.
– Demonstrated leadership ability
– Understanding of project management principles
– Unix and Windows server administration
– Customer Application knowledge: Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing (CC&B a plus)
– Server scripting experience
– Strong system architecture skills, with the ability to view the overall picture of an application as well as integrations
– Familiarity with change management, release management, patch and vulnerability management, and incident response processes and protocols
– Strong problem solving and analysis ability
– Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) and ability to work with remote teams
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.