As a member of the Syndication Engineering team within CTS, you are instrumental in on-boarding partners into the X1 family of products such as IP Video, broadband, telephony, and smart home that are operated and managed as a service. You will be provided with an opportunity to work with cutting edge video and network technology while interfacing with top tier 1 cable providers in North America and abroad. In this role you will be working on the number one program at our partners with the highest level of executive visibility.
Are you passionate about digital media, entertainment, and software services? Do you like big challenges and working within a highly motivated team environment?
We are looking for an outstanding Integration Engineer within the CTS organization who will work closely with CTS system architecture and program delivery teams that are responsible for delivering new products and functionality to partner cable providers. Integration initiatives range from on-boarding of new features on existing products to the onboarding of large scale strategic services to Comcast and our partners. We are a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality, and agility.
Who does the Technical Integration System Engineer work with?
The Technical Integration System Engineer will work closely with CTS Product team, the CTS Program Delivery teams, the CTS Operational Readiness Team and our Syndication partners. The Technical Integration System Engineer will interface with other members of the Syndication engineering team and members of Comcast’s engineering teams to understand and document the technical dependencies needed to on-board a partner to new services. The Technical Integration System Engineer will work with CTS program delivery teams to help interface and guide partners on what needs to be done to rollout a feature or product to their customers. The Technical Integration System Engineer will work with the CTS Operational Readiness teams to ensure Comcast support tools are available to partners to facilitate the proper operation of the service. This position is integral to the CTS organization, providing customer facing architectures, trouble-shooting at early stages of integration and guiding partners on best practices.
What are some interesting things you will doing?
In this role, you will be responsible for defining customer facing documentation including designs, partner FAQs, integration best practices that you will then use to guide partners. In this role, you will be troubleshooting complex technical problems at early integration stages and working with Engineering teams and partners to identify root cause. In this role, you will work to deliver proof of concepts that can then be extended to partners as new service offerings.
Provide world class system integration support of X1 Services to partner cable providers in the North America and abroad. Follow all established procedures, protocols and safety guide lines, ask questions and expand your knowledge of projects and technology. Be a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment and as a cross-functional technical liaison.
Where can you make an impact?
You will be working with the best and brightest minds in Comcast to roll out X1 services that will power the next generation of television, broadband, and home automation. Success in this role is characterized by ongoing team development, staying ahead of partner needs and providing robust and creative solutions to support successful integration of our technology for our partners.
- Define partner facing technical documentation to guide partners with the integration of their back-office systems with the X1 services.
- Identify and document integration best practices that are the result of lessons learned from previous engagements.
- Manage repository of partner FAQs in a way that can be generalized and distributed internally and across partners.
- Identifies and clearly communicates technical integration requirements from partner through proper channels.
- Ensures that technical issues which arise during the integration of partner systems with the X1 back office and X1 video services are responded to and that a path to normal service operations happens as quickly as possible.
- Works with internal Comcast and external partner resources to triage issues across the syndication product portfolio.
- Internally supports bug triage process to ensure defects are routed to the correct teams. Works with appropriate resources to validate fixes.
- From time-to-time supports pre-sales conversations.
- Works with CTS architecture and engineering groups to provide proof-of-concept for new services.
- Recommends opportunities for process and technical improvements.
- Supports delivery and operations teams in reviewing core performance metrics for partners vs Comcast.
- Reports on the progress of all technical projects towards the company's engineering goals and strategies.
- Tracks and reports status to project managers.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Flexible to work off hours for occasional travel and troubleshooting as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5+ years of system design and architecture with understanding of distributed systems.
- Strong experience with UNIX/LINUX is required.
- Experience with IP delivery systems is highly desirable.
- Experienced with Video and broadband technologies is a plus.
- Experienced in supporting business objectives in a partnered/outsourced model.
- Possesses the ability to rapidly grasp new technologies and abstractions and apply them in a meaningful way.
- Excellent communicator, able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies understandably and engagingly.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and in a group.
- Able to take on problems with a minimum set of clearly defined requirements and articulate alternative solutions and approaches to solve the problem
- Ability to travel within North America required.
About Comcast CTS (Comcast Technology Solution)
CTS (Comcast Technology Solution), is a division of Comcast Cable, serves the advertiser, content provider, global operator, and technology markets with a complete portfolio of products and capabilities designed to meet the evolving needs for content distribution and monetization in a multi-platform world. Built on Comcast's robust media and entertainment infrastructure, Comcast Technology Solutions offers a breadth and depth of expertise, spanning twenty years in broadcast and digital, to help customers deliver engaging experiences and forge new business models.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.