Responsible for managing projects through entire project lifecycle (inception, design, development, integration and test, trial and deployment). Act as a liaison with appropriate company personnel and vendors to ensure project compliance to standards. Coordinate multiple complex high priority tasks. Assure feature and functionality and performance metrics requirements are defined. Initiate, facilitate and monitor specific inter/intra-departmental project progress and performance to assure quality and on time delivery. Ensure milestone dates are met. Monitor risks during various stages of the project and escalate issues to the appropriate level of management. Maintain project status reports on projects. Create and manage contingency plans for projects. Estimate and manage budgets. Evaluate impact change request against communicated timelines. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Coordinate scoping and architecture review activities for initiated programs and follow process for program approval at architecture initiation board.
- Create and track end to end project plan in conjunction with the lead engineer.
- Track tasks and milestones across all parties, including vendors.
- Coordinate, manage and drive test organization activities.
- Facilitate bug triage, manage bug lists across vendors, track issue resolution with the lead engineer.
- Coordinate change request generation and tracking.
- Make project scheduling decisions in conjunction with the lead engineer or facilitate conversations necessary for decision making.
- Report on project's progress as required by product engineering management.
- Identify and manage critical path and risk areas and create risk response and mitigation plans.
- Report weekly (or as necessary) on any risks/issues.
- Escalate issues as required to unblock open issues.
- Work with other project managers to track and manage inter-project dependencies.
- Communicate updates on major milestones, escalations and status to lead engineer and lead project manager.
- Work with lead engineer and management to set project specific budget.
- Project spend rates based on the budgets.
- Manage within budgetary objectives set by manager, monitoring and controlling costs within functional area.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.