Secure the Way the World Invests:
Security is more than a priority; it’s fundamental to our purpose. Protecting our investors from risk requires clear goals, big ideas and resolute action. As Technical Scrum Master within our Global Risk and Security organization, you’ll be managing and supporting a group of highly engaged engineers that are changing the way security interacts with development teams while using cutting edge technology and DevSecOps principles. You’ll ensure we continue to scale the ability to serve our software development community so that we have continuous and timely delivery of business value. You will have true ownership of your products as you capitalize on a Lean Agile approach. You will also utilize your strong Kanban experience and technical experience to deliver projects on time, within budget, and with agreed upon functionality and quality to internal clients. Are you servant leader that thrives in a green field environment? In this role, you’ll navigate the organization, work diligently to clear the team's impediments, and enable the team to achieve and maintain a level of high performance that will ultimately result in protecting twenty million investors from ever-evolving threats.
In This Role You Will:
- Manage Scrum and Kanban boards within a broader project or program. Develop, implement, and monitor project plans. Contribute expertise to major project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks, Actively participates in enterprise wide change management campaigns that may include demos, training, and presentations geared towards the software development communities
- Provide insight on best practices and common obstacles based on prior experiences. Serves as a trusted advisor to ensure strategies are aligned with the overall department and business requirements, Provide the team with the tools and techniques to improve current processes and procedures
- Communicate roadmap overviews, project status and issues regularly to stakeholders, including the PMO office, leaders, team members, and senior managers
- Build and maintain effective relationships. Proactively fosters communication between internal and external project stakeholders. Influence key decisions across stakeholder groups
- Proactively identify, manage, and mitigate risks and any related issues on technology projects. Communicate solutions on key issues or projects to management and stakeholders to obtain their input and buy-in as appropriate
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
Contributing to your team's journey:
Your understanding of agile frameworks and practices will be called upon as you coach and mentor your team so that its collective output improves sprint after sprint. Do you have a passion for developing project scopes and objectives, measuring project performance coordinating project dependencies, working with team leads, members and communicating to clients? We want to hear from you!
What it Takes:
- Minimum of three years related work experience. Two years of managing a project preferred
- Managing Technical Scrum Teams with projects such as third party tool implementation and or custom development preferred; AWS and managing full stack teams is a big plus
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience in a related field (Computer Science, Engineering)
You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions. For more information see the following article.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.