About this role
About the role:
You can work with us at one of the world’s top FinTech companies. We sell our Aladdin platform to over 200 of the top global corporations, in total managing about quarter of all the world’s money under management.
We are a global but close-knit team of individuals who share a common goal of providing the very best possible level of support to our business partners and customers. From the top of the firm down, we embrace the diversity of values, identities and ideas brought by our employees. We are serious about our people and offer Flexible Time Off, collaborative working spaces and a number of other benefits.
We have a wide and varied stack and skillset, but we’re particularly interested in meeting people with skills in some of the following: Strong Leadership, Data-driven Analysis, Linux, Networking Concepts, Distributed Databases, and Cloud Platform offerings like Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, and Google.
We are looking for people with 2-6 years of strong background in supporting mission-critical applications, a track record in exceptional service delivery across infrastructure and problem-solving.
If any of this excites you, we want to talk to you.
Client Technical Services (CTS) is part of Core Systems Operations (CSO) which is responsible for maintaining system performance and uptime for Aladdin and other critical applications used at BlackRock. Additionally, CSO supports over 200 external organizations which leverage Aladdin through BlackRock Solutions (BRS) offerings (https://www.blackrock.com/aladdin/home).
CTS plays an essential role in integrating cross-functional teams in support of Aladdin, providing technical support for Aladdin customers, leading the technical implementation of Aladdin at new BRS clients and acting as the internal liaison for BRS Client Relationship Mangers. Additionally, CTS owns critical governance functions such as Software and Infrastructure Change Management, as well as leading strategic initiatives through its Project Management function.
CTS is a fast-paced team operating in a dynamic environment and provides the right individual with challenging work and an opportunity to lead cross functional groups in achieving a wide variety of objectives.
Job Purpose / Responsibilities:
The candidate will work across functions within CTS to provide leadership and guidance to accomplish the team’s strategic goals. In this role, CTS develops strong working relationships with BRS relationship managers and teams across the Aladdin Product Group.
BRS Aladdin Client Support and Project Management
- Provide level two troubleshooting of client technical issues.
- Coordinate the technology implementation for new BRS Aladdin clients.
- Manage client-initiated technology projects.
- Review high-risk technology changes for conflicts and appropriate procedures.
- Communicate changes and associated impact to stakeholders.
- Run meetings to facilitate approvals and consensus.
Due to the dynamic nature of the environment, CTS provides the opportunity for team members to participate across several functions, including disaster recovery planning for Aladdin, working with development teams on enhancements to operational tools, as well as opportunities to take ownership of various initiatives.
A successful candidate is expected to possess and demonstrate the following:
- Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to integrate multiple technical disciplines in achieving a stated objective.
- Solid technical acumen, including desktop technology, basic TCP/IP networking and basic SDLC understanding.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, driven and able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to resolve conflicting high-priority requirements
- Results-oriented professional committed to personally driving objectives to completion, maintaining flexibility where an adjusted work schedule and/or evening/weekend work are required.
- 2+ years of experience in a production support or client services role, financial services a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting Java-based applications running on Windows OS.
- Strong technical writing skills or previous documentation experience and familiarity with Confluence.
- Scripting or basic development language skills to automate common tasks.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.96 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.