GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
Technical Support Guides support GoDaddy’s hosting customers on multiple channels, primarily via inbound telephone calls. You will be the first point of contact and provide professional consultation to customers. Your interactions will range from questions about current GoDaddy products/services to consultation regarding new purchases. You will effectively respond and provide information to customers regarding new product and service offerings and contract extension options, and will cross-sell additional products/services.
This is a predominately remote role requiring applicants to live in Arizona, Iowa, Georgia, or Illinois. If you live in Arizona or Iowa, however, you must live within commuting distance of either GoDaddy’s Gilbert, Arizona or Hiawatha, Iowa office locations, as it may be necessary for you to come into the office from time to time. Please note, any requests to work from one of the above GoDaddy offices will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
What you'll get to do…
- Consult with customers about their business needs by matching GoDaddy products and/or solutions to their online goals, all while providing first-call-resolution.
- Build trust, interact, and communicate effectively with various levels of the organization, while meeting department quality and production standards.
- Address customers' technical concerns by walking them through control panels for Content Management Systems, as well as cPanel, Plesk and GoDaddy custom interfaces.
- Troubleshoot and correct issues by utilizing FTP, cPanel, Plesk and MySQL.
- Demonstrate ownership for issues pertaining to customer service questions, including by researching and providing solutions for issues of moderate complexity.
Your experience should include…
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress, including the use of plugins and themes and how to effectively troubleshoot common WordPress errors.
- Ability to access and manipulate MySQL and MSSQL databases.
- Deep understanding of Internet Technology required, including but not limited to using internet browsers and FTP clients.
- An understanding of Content Management Services such as WordPress, Joomla and Drupal, and the ability to navigate and edit.
- Ability to research and investigate issues using multiple systems and to provide support to customers in both the Linux and Windows hosting environments
- A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to connect directly to the modem via Ethernet, and stable internet connectivity and speeds sufficient to support voice calls. Guides who do not have stable connectivity and/or sufficient internet speeds may be required to upgrade their service at their own expense, in compliance with applicable law.
You might also have
- Experience owning and/or operating a small and/or midsize business (SMB).
We've got your back…
Enjoy our many benefits including paid time off, 401k, and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups. Continue to have a side hustle (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.