Leidos Veteran Health is seeking a Technical Writer / Editor to support the VA’s Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM). This role is remote position with some office visits. Must be located within either DC Metro area or commuting proximity to Kansas City, Missouri.
The Technical Writer / Editor must have experience in editing narrative and graphic products to identify and correct grammatical formatting and logic errors and to identify logical inconsistencies that will require author attention. Must have experience in the application a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and scheduling tools. Must have experience in meeting with authors and other team representatives to review documents, compile inputs/corrections, resolve incompatible comments, and provide final publishable documentation. Must have experience in explaining in simple language medical and technical ideas that are difficult for the average reader to understand.
- Provide technical writing, document preparation, editing, and communication support and coordination consistent with corporate and customer practices, for the development and production of project deliverables, work products, and other documentation for the project.
- Edit, proofread and provide writing support on technical and/or non-technical documents in support of program goals and objectives.
- Ensure documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style, to include 508 compliance.
- Support standardization and adherence to project documentation templates and support the continuous improvement of documentation development and review processes throughout project execution.
- Use Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Photoshop, Illustrator and Visio.
- Maintain configuration management of in-process and completed deliverables in SharePoint and other storage and other collaboration tools.
- As requested, work with project and technical staff in the formulation, development, editing, and revision of project documentation and deliverables. Collaborate with content owners and subject matter experts, illustrators, and other key individuals in coordinating/preparing the edited drafts. Review rough drafts and makes suggestions; check drafts for format, clarity and overall cohesiveness.
- Requires a BA degree in English or equivalent and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to work with the functional areas to identify and maintain all project documents and deliverables.
- Able to analyze and communicate technical details through documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience support healthcare information technology projects.
- Experience supporting information technology projects for Veterans Affairs agency.
- Current/Active VA background investigation/VA Access is a plus.
Pay Range $57,850.00 – $89,000.00 – $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.