At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Server Operations Technology Specialist, within PNC's Site Reliability Center (SRC), you will be critical part of an evolving team. You will be based onsite from Pittsburgh PA*, Cleveland OH*. (*For onsite, remote until end of 2020; We will review onsite requirements in January 2021).
100% Remote is also available for this role – Any location within PNC's footprint.
This position will follow a WEEKEND Day Shift (Friday – Monday)
Weekend Day Shift Schedule:
– 8hr – Friday: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
– 12hr – Saturday and Sunday: 7:00 am – 8:00 pm
– 8hr – Monday: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm.
The mission of the Site Reliability Center (SRC) team is to increase troubleshooting and developer confidence in changes to the production environment with a focus on performance and uptime by optimizing the troubleshooting workflow on different compute platforms and by supporting the technical teams with tools, expertise, guidelines and development. Key foundations of the team are communication, collaboration and trust. Our team objectives are:
• Reduce Risk – Enable safe & secure service environment within a production infrastructure.
• Improve visibility – Build a fast and easy-to-use search and suggest service to understand the current state of the entire infrastructure.
• Optimize incident management – Launch a platform to measure service availability, uptime, outages and toil and to run blameless postmortems.
As an integral part of this dynamic and progressive team, you will, in addition, assist PNC service partners with problem resolution and follow up and perform simple and routine assignments that require basic knowledge of the specified support function. You will also perform a variety of tasks related to, but not limited to, troubleshooting and maintaining internal systems and infrastructure. Your astute attention to detail will come into play as you track relevant capacity metrics and provide regular reporting so we can increases capacity as necessary to fulfill business needs. PNC is committed to threading integrity, teamwork and customer focus through every aspect of our daily work and performance, all of which you will implement as you correspond with leadership about unresolved problems identified.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field, such as Computer Science, and/or Certification in related technologies or equivalent experience.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of various technologies and the dependencies and impacts they have on one another (i.e. network topologies, server technologies, operating systems, SAN, NAS, etc.).
• Candidate will be self-motivated and able to manage time ensuring that the best solutions to the customer are provided while meeting defined service level agreement.
• The ability to take ownership of an issue and must possess strong verbal and written communications skills along with attention to detail.
• Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
• Sound troubleshooting skills. Must be able to find root cause of an issue quickly.
• Ability to cover off hours on call for team as needed or assigned.
The following skills are not required but a plus:
• Familiarity with computer operations in a data center production environment.
• Possess general knowledge of server hardware in the Dell and Cisco product line
• Experience with Microsoft Office products.
• Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination are needed.
• Individual must be able to lift and move approximately 50 lbs.
• Must be able to access equipment at height of approximately 7 feet.
• Candidate should possess the ability to communicate effectively with other areas. Individual should be able to work well under deadlines in pressure situations and effectively multitask is a fast pace environment.
- Administers, executes processes/procedures and addresses issues for products and services supported in Technology Infrastructure. May support analysis and report generation, exception processing and service management. Implements new products, services, and operational solutions as well as augments existing capabilities.
- Follows a predetermined plan/process and performs simple and routine administration requiring basic knowledge of specified operational products/services.
- Provides technical operational, analytical and research support to technical teams through both written and verbal communications.
- Supports incident resolution and root cause analysis of production problems.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of technical, operational and service procedures, as well as process workflows for operational/applications teams.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused – Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk – Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Hardware Infrastructure – Knowledge of and the ability to design, implement and integrate IT hardware for its use in business environments.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Process Management – Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
Server Software – Knowledge of and ability to configure, install, and support the functions, features and facilities of multi-user operating systems to manage network resources.
System and Technology Integration – Knowledge of the features and facilities of systems, and the ability to integrate and communicate among applications, databases and technology platforms.
Systems Software Infrastructure – Knowledge of software technology, and the ability to plan global, regional and local software architecture and infrastructure components.
System Testing – Knowledge of and the ability to design, plan and execute system testing strategies and tactics to ensure the quality of software at all stages of the system life cycle.
System Testing Tools – Knowledge of and the ability to use tools and techniques for automating, simplifying and enhancing system testing.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with < 1 year of professional experience and/or successful completion of a formal development program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.