CGI is looking for a senior Test Engineer.
Serve as a lead systems analyst in the development team to plan, coordinate, analyze, design, document and implement application integrations efforts to meet current and future needs
• Facilitate conversations with the business and technical support teams to document capability needs and outcomes
• Manage the flow of user requirements from the product backlog to the planning meetings, providing a joined-up overall view of the solution requirements at a detailed level.
Designs, develops and executes test execution plans (automated and manual) across test phases based on test strategy using automated testing tools, programming languages and industry accepted testing methodologies and procedures.
Writes code, scripts or procedures to test systems and/or controls. Ensures proper procedures and controls are in place throughout the testing process.
Reviews testing deliverables. Responsible for reporting and tracking issues. Responsible for the test planning, design and development of appropriate automated test cases for all areas of responsibility.
Writes code/scripts to test systems and or controls. Other duties as assigned.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• 5+ years' experience supporting/testing a banking application as a business / technical analyst or as a developer
• Strong systems analysis background, with at least 3 years spent working with agile methodologies
• Experience utilizing tools and automation techniques as part of an overall test strategy in a data-intensive environment
• Demonstrable experience working in a highly collaborative environment, with focus towards delivering real business results.
• Hands on experience with application development, architecture and software maintenance.
• Experienced in enterprise application integration, middleware technologies, database technologies and backend interfaces
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken evidenced by the ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills – lead, collaborate, facilitate, and negotiate as necessary
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated experience with problem solving outside-the-box to find solutions that mitigate risks/issues, rather than blindly following process
• Experience in a large-scale IT organization with complex systems environment & infrastructure
• Highly organized, self-starter requiring minimal supervision
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, etc. from an accredited university or equivalent
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Skill set/Years of experience/Proficiency level
QA (automation and manual) banking application as a business / technical analyst
SQL Queries, and Relational database management system
SOAP UI – Automated testing tool for SOAP and REST APIs
3-5 years Expert
Defects Management for Mainframe applications
ADO, SAFe Agile
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and ADO
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Skill set/Years of experience/Proficiency level
Experience using COBOL, JCL, CICS and VSAM
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $59,000-$100,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Quality Assurance/QA Strategy