Consumer Reports seeks a Test Project Leader – Automation. The Project Leader oversees testing projects and automation efforts in the test labs. The Project Leader ensures that testing protocols and procedures are followed, and develops methodologies to meet testing objectives.
- Plans, coordinates and oversees test projects.
- Implements testing protocols and ensures proper implementation.
- Knowledge of test methodologies, equipment and protocols
- Ensures that test data meet established standards for accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility and dependability.
- Designs and helps to build test equipment and develops methods to accomplish goals defined by test protocols as required.
- Prepares preliminary test project protocols.
- Evaluates and recommends improvements to existing test procedures.
- Actively participates as a member of a product testing and content team, conferring with other team members as necessary to ensure objectives for quality and timeliness are met.
- Ensures quality of test projects and strives for continuous quality improvement by celebrating successes and reducing errors.
- Ensures maintenance and calibration of lab equipment.
- Ensures ratings are delivered accurately and within established deadlines.
- Interacts with manufacturers and retailers as necessary.
- Performs other duties of the department, but not those of a higher level
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent, with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in automated test system design. Master’s degree preferred.
- Hands-on experience with laboratory test equipment and transducers (oscilloscope, multi-meter, DAQ devices, etc.).
- Experience with electrical systems (AC/DC, analog/digital circuits) and system wiring.
- Excellent problem-solving & troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in using spreadsheet software (Excel: including macro development).
- Knowledge of Database design and programing (SQL)
- Experience with data warehouses (AWS, Snowflake, etc)
- Written and verbal skills to clearly and accurately report test methods and results as well as explain them in a way that is understandable by content creators who are not technically knowledgeable.
- Thorough understanding of National Instrument’s product line and experience with:
- LabView software and common design patterns (State Machines, Producer/Consumer, Event Handler, etc.)
- Familiarity with common LabView toolkits (DatabaseConnectivity, Vision, etc)
- National Instruments hardware (compactDAQ, cRIO, PXI)
- Version Control solution for LabView development (Git)
- Experience with common Protocols (Serial, GPIB, CAN, BLE, etc)
- Additionally, candidates should:
- Successfully completed various NI Certification exams (CLD or CLA)
- Experience maintaining and calibrating test equipment and sensors
- Knowledge of ISO9001, and ISO17025 quality standards
- Knowledge and interest in computer aided design (CAD) preferably Fusion360
- Knowledge and interest hobbyist embedded devices (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc)
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.