Ready to work on complex Rail Systems construction projects that will have a huge impact on the local community in Vancouver, Canada. We are currently seeking a Principal Train Control Systems Engineer to work on projects in the Greater Vancouver area, but also Western Canada and the Western United States.
Parsons System Engineers work in a multi-disciplinary environment to perform a variety of engineering tasks related to the design, deployment, operation, and maintenance of complex technology systems. The role may include working with Stakeholders in the development of concepts of operation, system specifications, and plans for the design, development, test, and commissioning and certification of such systems. Including systems architecture and interface analysis and design. Familiar with the subsystems and functions of a modern communication-based train control system. Analyzes the integration of system processes and methodologies to ensure the effectiveness of total system performance. You must be organized and effective in communicating plans, requirements, results, and information to customers at a variety of management levels and technical backgrounds. If you are enamored by technology and eager to sink your teeth into something new, this position, and Parsons, is for you.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science from an accredited institution (a combination of years of experience, education, training, and certifications will be considered in lieu of a degree)
- 10+ years related professional experience
- A proven self-starter able to work individually with limited supervision, and capable of working in small to large focus groups assigned to complex tasks.
- Practiced in RAM and Safety analyses related to train-control following the EN-50126 suite of standards.
- Familiar with working according to the requirements of the ISO/IEC/IEEE-15288 System Engineering Standard
- Experience with DOORS Requirements Management Tools
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.