USE Credit Union
Job ID 2019-1268
Job Locations US-CA-San Diego
Category Information Technology
Type Regular Full-Time
More information about this job
Are you Service-Driven and Innovative? USE’s Business Technology team is the perfect place for you! As VP, Software Engineering, you’ll have the chance to lead our team of innovators, technologists, and developers towards creating solutions. Become part of a team that is key in driving software and engineering practices that support our various business strategies. Do you have what it takes?
• Responsible for leading, coaching, and supporting a team of software engineers and programmers
• Promotes and demonstrates our culture and core values
• Builds trust, credibility, accountability, and team success
• Educates upward and outward about the business value of enterprise software architecture and software engineering
• Establishes a team over time that provides great value through standardization of solutions by attracting and retaining talent
• Creates a productive work environment that keeps the team focused, engaged, and fulfilled
•Partners with business units to align technology services and solutions with business initiatives
• Performs a critical role in relationship building by participating in ongoing visits with business units across the organization
• Ensures that critical issues and other variances are resolved in a timely manner
• Creates, monitors and manages budgets
• Understands our credit union’s strategies and business model, and effectively assesses “build vs. buy” opportunities to recommend direction
• Leads the identification and analysis of key business drivers to develop enterprise software architecture requirements, including data architecture, application security authentication, integration architecture, reliability, maintainability, scalability, usability, testability, and documentation
• Serves as technical authority, subject matter expert, and point of escalation on complex issues
• Responsible for initiating and executing critical software architecture and engineering strategies, in addition to collaborating with other organizational leaders regarding business and strategies that require software development support
• Responsible for setting technical direction for the team, and making appropriate technology choices that align with our business needs and strategic objectives, in addition to improving efficiencies
• Responsible for ensuring that systems follow a consistent and viable architecture that reduces overall operating costs while maintaining or improving service excellence and system features that are desirable to members and employees
• Assists in the coordination of application portfolio management and governance activities
• Identifies gaps in application architecture management practices and orchestrates eliminating gaps
• Develops and maintains enterprise software architecture documentation for internal and vendor partner solutions
• Ensures confidentiality of member information
• Delivers quality software solutions that are high quality; this may consist of integrating systems and/or creating new software
• High competency in enterprise software engineering best practices that includes security, infrastructure, coding, testing, deploying, and maintaining solutions in an enterprise environment that requires 24/7 availability
• Responsible for the oversight of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) process (Plan, Define, Design, Develop, Test, Deploy, Maintain), with fast, effective and timely delivery as a high priority
• Works in close collaboration with all Business Technology teams to consult on software development and integration efforts
• Responsible for communicating and prioritizing the software development needs of the business to the team and appropriately aligning the work
• Takes a hands-on approach to the delivery of software solutions to demonstrate ownership and accountability to ensure a customer-focus and successful implementations
• Responsible for understanding and staying current on software development trends and technologies by coding and prototyping software solutions that are relevant to the business needs
• Creates and upholds software standards, patterns and practices in collaboration with the software engineering team
• Ability to translate business strategies into software engineering requirements
• Extensive leadership and management skills are required with a focus on creating a high performing team.
• Model USE Credit Union’s cultural values, leadership competencies, providing guidance and motivating others to work well together in accomplishing the team’s purpose and objectives.
• Develop a culture that promotes high engagement for all staff members. Creates an environment where team members feel recognized, valued, engaged, motivated, inspired and thrive.
• Ensure goals are well understood, creating a collaborative environment, building confidence & trust, and creating cooperation amongst team members in achieving goals.
• Select and retain talent with skills, abilities and behaviors that focus on results while cultivating the Credit Union’s culture.
Improve and reinforce performance in others and develop talent for critical positions and/or future leadership roles.
University and State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.